I can already tell that I am going to be one of those who posts a blog like once a week, if that. Its just so hard for me to sit at the computer and think of all the things that I want to say. Then, I will probably remember something I should have written, and by the time I get back to the computer, I forget to write it. That's pretty much how my life is! Before I forget (lol) my blog is named from a line in Michael Buble's song, Everything. My absolute favorite. I have it downloaded to the computer and also as my ring tone. My kids actually know all of the chorus...Its so cute to hear them sing that. They also love LOVE Alicia Keys, No one. I have to blast the radio in the car when it comes on. So, my main point of my blog today is about genealogy. With me being the first member of the church in my whole entire family, it puts a lot on me to get every one's work done. Details of this is in my own personal journal, but I had this very strong impression to just get my grandfather's work done. I had no idea where to start, but finally went to the Family History Center. I had no idea how easy it was to submit names, especially since its all done online. So I did just that. But not only my grandfather. I did him, all his brothers and sisters, his mom and dad, his dad's dad and his aunts and uncles. That's 20 names so far and I have a lot more. With this program, the names are open for any temple to receive them and do the work. So some of my great aunts and uncles were done in Ohio, Arizona, and Canada. I just find it so amazing that my grandpa AND great-grandpa was baptized on the very same day in the same temple, which happens to be the temple I always attend in Oakland. I am so grateful that I had the confirmation once I knew the work had been done that they accepted it! Such a peace came over me. I truly wasn't expecting to be so emotional but I was. Only if I could have that feeling with me always. At least I am learning more how to recognize it. Sorry, to myself since I'm probably the only one reading this, that it is so long. If there is anyone out there reading this, what were some of your experiences with genealogy, LDS or not?
No comments:
Post a Comment