Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day Tea

I can't believe how fast my kids are growing up. Friday was the Mother's Day Tea in Sean's Kindergarten class. It was really sweet. They learned about 5 songs to sing for us. A few weeks ago, Ms. Cole had them do their silhouettes where they stand in front of the projector and she traces their shadow. The Moms that came had to guess which silhouette was their kids. Then all those who had "guests" served them punch and a cookie. Everyone had to be served before they all got to eat. It was a nice little lesson on manners. I had to bolt out really fast and run over to get Mackenzie and she surprised me with a flower that she had planted a couple weeks ago. It really was a nice morning. I am so grateful for the wonderful kids I have. I can't believe how fast they are growing. I always heard that once they hit kindergarten, they will be graduating the next day. Sean is just about to end his kindergarten year, and since I have been taking child development courses, I know that this was his most influential year and what he learns in pre-k and kindergarten will determine how well he learns and develops in the coming years. I am so grateful for how intelligent he is at such a young age. I'm grateful for such wonderful teachers he has had these past 2 years. School is coming to an end for him in just 2 short weeks. I hope he has made friendships and memories that he can remember his entire life.



Sean and Ella....I just LOVE her!!!

1 comment:

Em said...

Super, Super cute!!! For not having any of Deb's DNA I'd still say they look an awful lot alike! He's adorable!