Saturday the 12th, we all went on yet another day trip. I always enjoy them. I love to get out of the house and enjoy such fun times with my family! Monday, the 14 was Bryce's birthday, so he chose a couple of places to take us. First off, we headed for Berkeley which is right outside of San Francisco. We only had to drop a garden gate off to someone who had bought it on eBay.

The place we went to is called Armstrong Woods in Santa Rosa. This place is absolutely amazing. I'm not sure if it is a state park or what...the kids called it a Forest, so thats good for me. The whole way up there, Bryce and Deb were saying just how gorgeous it was and how peaceful and calm it felt to be in the woods. I had no doubt it would be a fun place, but its one of those places where you just have to be there and experience it yourself to understand how awesome it is. They compared it to the calmness felt in the temple, which was very true. Just for a moment, the kids were very quiet. It felt like we were the only people in there and it was so peaceful and calm...just like the temple. It makes me realize just how much Heavenly Father loves us by allowing us to enjoy such creations as this. I would love to go up there by myself one day and be able to enjoy the drive and all the different hiking trails. If you are ever in northern California, I definitely say this is one of the places you must come to.
The kids had a ball just being able to run and play and especially climb.

We also went to Goat Rock Beach. It was a pleasant change of scenery since we usually go to Carmel. It was very beautiful. There were even Seals that we could see very closely!
I will have to upload more pics later. Something is going on with the system.
Upcoming trips..
Utah in June
NC in July!!!
DISNEYLAND in September!!!
2 comments:
So cool!!! We need to plan a "Girl's Trip!" There's just the issue of my sweetheart who hates missing out on any fun I have. =) Can't blaim him, I love to have fun!
Post a Comment