Monday, August 11, 2008

Gateway in SLC

Before we left Utah to come home, we had to stop at Gateway. It is the coolest outdoor shopping mall I've ever been to. What's really cool is they have this cement area where water shoots up from the ground. Of course, once the kids saw it, they wanted to get wet. They were a little hesitant at first, but got over it very quickly. The 2002 Winter Olympics were in SLC, so there is a ton of olympic stuff all around. Every 30 minutes, they even have the water synchronized with music which makes for a great show.
Isn't it funny how small the world really is?? Bryce and I were getting the chairs set up so he could watch the kids play while Deb and I went shopping. Here comes this little girl over to where we are at, and she says hi. I looked up and I couldn't believe it, but it was a little girl from my ward there playing with her whole family. What are the odds of that?? After a few hours of playing and shopping, we headed out. What a fun family vacation this was!!! Can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

deborah said...

What a great day this was! The water show every half hour is so spectacular. The kids had so much fun! It really was extra fun to see the Marker Family, so far away from home. It is such a small world. Remember seeing Tyler Johnson at the BYU cafeteria. He really looked excited to see a friendly face from home!
Thanks for Blogging all of our vacation. How wonderful to have all of those memories here to enjoy!
Blog On Sweetie, Blog On!
Next stop... DISNEYLAND!!!
Love, Mom B.

Christal said...

I love gateway it is such a fun mall looks like you guys had alot of fun!! Utah is just alot of fun to visit isn't it!! Hope all is good and that summer is going great still!! ttyl