Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Movie and Pizza Night

Since summer vacation has come to an end, I thought it would be a fun thing have a movie and pizza night the Friday before they started school. They thought it was a good idea as well! When I was getting groceries at Winco, I remembered they have already made pizza dough that they sell in the deli, as well as their sauce. I really don't care for frozen pizzas, and I am not that great of a baker to make my own crust and sauce, so I figured meeting somewhere in the middle really worked great! We are really not that adventurous when it comes to pizza. My favorite is cheese and sometimes pepperoni. Mackenzie likes cheese and pepperoni and sometimes pineapple. Sean LOVES cheese, pepperoni and pineapple. Needless to say, these pizzas were very easy to make. Instead of making one big one, I decided to divide the dough into four pieces and the fourth piece made yummy breadsticks. I made them just like Little Caesars.
Now, the movie idea didn't work out too great. In my mind, the kids would decide on a movie that we all could watch while eating the pizza. Well, of course they each chose a movie and wanted to watch it when we got home. Oh well...that really didn't bother me. Sean chose super mario brothers, Mackenzie chose something else (oops, I forgot) and I chose No Reservations which I watched later that night. It was a real good movie!
So, have you guys saw those Redbox machines in grocery stores (or in Mcdonalds if you are in Utah!) ? That HAS to be the best invention ever made. Its like this movie vending machine. You have to use a credit card so if you keep the movie too long, it will charge your account for the extra night. But, the movies are just $1.00 per night. They have a ton of new release movies, family movies, etc. I couldn't believe how many of these Redbox's I saw when we were in Utah. I mean, they were in EVERY Mcdonalds we went in. (and with my kids, that was a lot of micky d's). The only thing I would change is for them to be along the drive thru so you didn't even have to get out of the car. (I know...I'm a self proclaimed LAZY BOTTOM). Ours is in Raley's supermarket. They are now in Wal*mart's too! And the cool thing is, you can have free "codes" sent to your email to get a free rental. Ok, enough about that...Here's some pics of the kids' pizzas!

No comments: