We had a fun July 4th! It started with a huge yard sale to earn some extra spending money for Utah. At first, I didn't think we would have much luck with it being on a holiday, but Friday turned out to be a lot better than Saturday. The kids even had a lemonade stand where they sold strawberry-mint lemonade and doughnuts (Sean specifically requested the mint leaves!). They were quite the sellers.
Sean is so proud...He would say "Lemonade for sale. Doughnuts for sale. Only 1 dollar. Lemonade 25 cents....I laughed every single time he said it...SOOO CUTE!!
Can you believe Kenzie had on a sweater...the weather was fabulous...just glad we didnt have the sale this weekend (its around 106 degrees)
After the yard sale, the kids and I went to my good friend, Celeste's house where we had a bbq. There were tons of her family and friends and we just had a good time eating and chatting! Of course, I forgot my camera so I do not have any pictures of our fun time there. Celeste is just amazing...She just had her third daughter 6 days prior to her hosting this bbq. AMAZING!!! She is such a great friend and I love her!
Once we got home, we gathered our camp chairs and went to the church to watch the fireworks. That has been something we have done quite a few times, and I just like to do it. Last year we saw them over Monterey Bay, which was very beautiful, and we did have a chance to go this year, but with all the fires in that area, people advised us not to even go. Turlock's fireworks were ok. They sure didn't last too long. That was fine...I usually wind up sorta depressed on the 4th at the fireworks. Hopefully next year will be different!!!
Hope everyone else had a wonderful Holiday weekend!!


1 comment:
ah man, why didn't ya tell me, I want to shop!
Post a Comment