Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Road Trip!!!

Well, I have been waiting for Tuesday for four years. I just love Utah. The last and only time I went, it was for a funeral and I didn't get to see much of it. This trip, we are driving and we are going to be seeing 10 or 11 temples. We are stopping at each one for a family picture. We started out Tuesday morning around 9:15, but about 15 minutes after we got going, I realized I left my phone....NOT GOOD! Luckily we weren't too far away, so we turned around and got it. Our first stop was at Fresno Temple. It is one of the smaller temples, but just as beautiful as any.

From Fresno, I drove until we stopped at Barstow for lunch. That was a good 3 and a half hours. I was tired! It seemed like forever, but we finally made it to Las Vegas. We didn't actually go on the main "strip" of Vegas, but we could see many of the big name hotels and Casinos...Trump Towers, Mandolin Bay, etc. Those pictures are on my phone, so once I can, I will get those on here too!
The Las Vegas Temple was a little different looking than the ones I have seen. It is still very beautiful. It sits right at the foot of this mountain.



We got to St. George around 9:30 Tuesday night and of course, St. George has a CRACKER BARREL!!!! At 10pm, I had my usual of...ready....Chicken and Dumplings, mac and cheese, green beans, and mashed potatoes..with of course a biscuit. Hey, I had my green veggie, plus I drank water..LOL. Deb calls it Carbohydrate Coma LOL!!!
We stayed at a nice, ok, decent hotel. I was so tired from driving 3 more hours I just knew I would crash...Boy was I wrong. I could not sleep, I was so hot, the air conditioner was so noisy and all that stuff. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep. I know I woke up around 5:00am and got online since I couldn't sleep. I think I was able to fit in another hour. We all got up, went for a little swim, then got ready to look around St. George. It is a real nice town.



After shopping at the outlets and scoring on the kids school clothes, we are making our way to Provo where we will be going to BYU to look around and then stay the night.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a fun trip! I love that you are stopping at all the temples! I love to see them. I hope you all have a GREAT time on your trip.

Christal said...

oh my what a fun trip love the pictures!! And shopping and cracker barrel was our favorite place to stop in the south my favorite it the chicken and dumplings too!! I crave them sometimes but they are nowhere near us thats for sure!! Hope you have a great great time on the rest of your trip !!! ttys